Today was a great day, chock full of fun recipes. I woke up bright and early (due to me being so frozen I couldn’t feel my toes, and having to pee like an angry pregnant lady lost in a mall) and got started on some good ‘ole Chocolate Chip Cookies! I pretty much followed the recipe on the back of the Nestle Morsels‘ bag minus the few tricks I dashed in in my Paula Deen feeling moments (oh how I love her!). Since I had a luncheon/picnic I was going to and I was running late, as usual, I just did huuge scoops of cookies so I can fit everything on 2 pans in the oven at the same time. Mission accomplished, enter cookies the size of my face.
They weren’t literally the size of my face, but probably only off by about 2 inches. They were pretty huge (yes that’s what someone said) and, although they weren’t something I could deem “The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie” they were surely the best I’d ever whipped up myself, and look at that I just threw it together last minuet!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 cup NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped (in food processor or blender) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (or whatever you have on hand, I really prefer these out of all the others I’ve tried including Hershey’s)
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped walnuts
- PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and all extracts in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in all morsels (2cups total) and nuts. Drop by ice cream scoop for big cookies or tbsp for regular sized onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.